Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Sad Death



A freshman from my own school committed suicide yesterday.  I don't think the halls of my school have ever been this quiet.  People don't usually like to think about death.  Today I could feel the effect death has on people. I didn't know this kid too well, he once stole a Halloween mask from me. He would laugh and run away from me every time i tried to reach for it, all in fun, he seemed to be a happy kid without a worry in the world.  This was the only time I had the chance to talk to him.  It's hard to think that one day he was a person like the rest of us, he laughed, he joked, he could feel just as we feel, and then the next day he is gone.  Forever, just a memory, a life that was, but is no more.  I now understand why so many people feel so strongly about an afterlife, it's too hard to believe that someone you knew, that you talked to and shared memories with, can just be gone.
He wasn't just a human, he was a person, a soul, a being with potential.  To think  you can simply flip the switch and be gone forever is too much for us to accept.  Suicide is a dark subject, for one really has to feel dark to actually commit it, and it gives us a melancholy feeling just thinking about it.  Whether it was depression or a sudden lack of sanity, I truly am sorry for him.  I'm sorry for the people who cared for him, and the people he has effected. I don't know why he would give up for whatever reason he did, but we should all learn from this.  Life is a gift.  Live it to your fullest for it may be the only one you get.  We will all have problems, we will all feel depressed, and we will all want to give up.  But when you overcome these problems, this is when you are truly living.  You can find happiness in everything, as long as you try.  There will always be a way, no matter what.  Never give up.




3 comments:

  1. wow ... I started crying!:( Poor boy <3 R.I.P

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend died just this Thursday and it's Saturday now but I'm still crying...memories of her in my car laughing won't leave me be...it's to hard but your words are helping

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend died just this Thursday and it's Saturday now but I'm still crying...memories of her in my car laughing won't leave me be...it's to hard but your words are helping

    ReplyDelete